Marketing Manager – Bristol
£30,000 - £35,000
The company: Injecting a dose of creativity into healthcare communications If you like to make things better, you’ve come to the right place. Our client is a proudly independent, agile Med Comms and Advertising agency dedicated to bringing much-needed creativity to healthcare marketing. They believe data and stats have their place, but if you truly want to change hearts and minds you need to move people; make them feel something.
The agency’s strategic and creative thinking has the power to do this. They invest time in creating the truly contagious – ideas rooted in empathy and truth, made to motivate and simple in thought, no matter how complex the science. It’s their cause.
To increase the awareness of the agency among prospects and peers through the creation of compelling marketing campaigns, strong marketing strategies and effective social media plans.
You’ll be responsible for monitoring and analysing healthcare market trends – so get familiar with the likes of Google Analytics, Hall&Partners and TrendWatching to help you stay on track with the latest marketing developments. This will allow you to enhance your skill-set and digest knowledge from a new perspective. These tools will also help you establish new marketing strategies and improve upon those already in place – something every marketing manager should become adept in.
You’ll often find yourself reporting on key successes, areas for improvement and new ideas, both to your immediate colleagues as well as those outside of your team who may not have had any involvement in your campaigns.
• Drive campaigns
• Develop marketing strategies
• Design social media strategies
• Analyse market trends
• Manage budgets
• Write briefs and proposals
• Give presentations
• Communicate effectively
• Use social media platforms + tools like Canva
• Use WordPress CMS
• Write confidently
• Create your own content
Excellent communication skills: Communication skills are vital, not just for the purpose of managing others effectively, but also for the smooth running of day-to-day internal communications – be it via email, telephone or face to-face meetings, where you will be communicating potential ideas and strategies to colleagues and getting to grips with new concepts.
Social media skills: You need strong social media skills to enable you to engage with your target audience and design new strategies to grow your relationships with them. You also need to be able to create content for these platforms using tools like Canva to enable you to design your own assets – within our brand guidelines.
Organisation skills: You’ll have a great sense of responsibility as you plan and drive campaigns as well as manage budgets – your organisational skills will be invaluable, as will your presentation skills.
Writing skills: You’ve got to be comfortable with your writing abilities as you’ll be required to write briefs, proposals, copy for social posts or conversations and specs for clients and their audiences alike.
‘Always-on’ activities which you’ll be expected to manage include:
• Building and managing Strategic Partnerships
• Organizing and running Events / round-tables / podcasts
• Booking and coordinating Speaking Events for Create Health’s board
• Contribution to the submission of Awards entries
• Manage an external SEO partner
Higher National Diploma or a degree level education – ideally in either marketing, business or creative (copywriting or design).
Nice to have:
• Qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s numerous marketing and digital marketing courses.
• In-depth social media training (activating and reporting).
• WordPress CMS.
• Experience working in a creative agency or marketing role is a must.
• Experience in budget management, project management and agency management is vital.
• Experience in public relations, sales management or business management is also useful to have.
• In addition, experience in strategy development, forecasting, ROI calculations and personnel management is highly beneficial