Marketing Manager – Guildford
£35,000 - £45,000
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at our clients agency, a Personal Branding agency that operates a remote model. The agency are looking to appoint a Marketing Manager to join the team to help in their ambitious plans to scale and grow over the next few years and expand their client portfolio in the service-based sectors both with agencies and corporate clients. Reporting directly to the Business Leader, this is a multi-faceted position that is ideally suited to a flexible, methodical and hard-working individual.
We’re looking for an ambitious, level headed, articulate and versatile communicator, who isn’t afraid of getting stuck in. The successful applicant will have been working in a marketing role for at least the past 3 to 5 years and will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of how to market a service business, rather than a product-based business.
The role needs a wide range of marketing abilities, skills and experience from supporting the founders personal branding and content strategy to thought leadership and organising industry events. We are looking for someone who is hands-on, yet has the ability to think and plan strategically. The role is very autonomous and would suit a driven self-starter with strong initiative. You will be required to create, plan and execute a marketing strategy.
The agency needs a well organised and personable marketing professional who can own the role in their own right, not someone who needs to be managed. This role would not suit someone who is only a digital marketer, the skills needed are to be much more rounded
EXPERIENCE: Ideally, the new Marketing Manager has experience in some or all the areas listed below:
• Raising the agency’s reputation as the ‘go to’ agency in their sectors and services
• Improving customer engagement/support and increasing enquiries
• Ability to create a content strategy
• Having a general understanding of digital marketing channels, paid search and social.
• Managing their social media activity
• Managing brand experience
• Identifying target sectors, target customers
• Assisting with the curation of thought leadership material
• Generating case studies, blog posts and other marketing collateral
• Helping to identify speaking (events, podcasts, webinars) opportunities
• Identifying networking events for team members to attend
• Creating thought leadership events, roundtables and social events
• Organising client hospitality
• Helping owners develop their personal brands and points of view online and offline
• Research business networking events and conferences for founders to attend
• Supporting personal branding and thought leadership of founders and wider team
• Supporting the account manager with their client marketing
• Researching and assisting with the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances
• Managing award and league table entries
• Managing CRM systems (HubSpot experience and advantage)
• Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness/ROI of all the marketing campaigns
• Owning and monitoring marketing budgets
A successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of marketing experience, with aspirations to progress from Marketing Manager to Marketing Director and build a team over the next 3-5 years. Academic qualifications in marketing, sales or business will be advantageous, but the experience in marketing, demonstrable to learn new skills will be paramount.
• Good salary based on talent and experience
• Work from anywhere policy
• Flexible working hours
• Pension contributions
• 30+ days holiday including Christmas closure
• Birthday paid day off
• Quarterly Inspiration Days to work as a volunteer
• Private Health Care
• The agency will pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
• Regular company social events Company outings
You will be an important part of a growing agency that is looking to establish itself as a ‘go to’ provider of personal branding strategy, training and content creation. You’ll be part of a close-knit agency that puts its clients first at all times but one that also recognises and rewards the hard work and professionalism of its staff.