Looking for a new marketing agency job?
23 Sep 2021
Are you looking for a new marketing agency job? Like most major life changing events, for many of us, it is not an overnight decision, but a buildup of certain incidents and experiences that leads us to that point where we feel now is the right time to move on and make that important change to our working lives.
Making any life changing decision comes with some anxiety and stress, as it takes a lot of time and energy to weigh up all your options, second-guessing yourself and feeling indecisive is all part of the change process.
Currently, within the digital world, it’s a candidate driven market, candidates can afford to take the time to thoroughly research available roles with an agency that is aligned to their values, aspirations and who will be a cultural fit.
Unfortunately, like anything in life, there are good agencies and some bad ones, so what are the signs that candidates should be looking for from their next agency when looking for a new marketing job, other than the standard benefits they offer, that point towards them being the right one for you:
- What is their website like? Who are their clients? What services do they offer, do they sufficiently cover off what their culture and values are? Do they have employee testimonials that showcase how well the agency looks after its employees?
- Check through employees linked in stories, do they shout out about the awesome agency they work for?
- Has the agency won any industry awards or best employer awards?
- Check out their employee reviews on glassdoor and google reviews from current and previous employees.
- Are their job adverts professionally written with clarity around roles, responsibilities and what attributes and experiences are required?
- Are their benefits package and flexibility aligned to your needs?
- How robust is their recruitment process? Were you given adequate information about the interview, who it was with, what type of interview, for how long?
- During the interview, was there a connection? Was the interviewer competent? Did they satisfactorily answer all your questions? Did they adequately cover off what platforms or systems they have in place to ensure that their employees wellbeing, performance, and aspirations are successfully met, how do they measure it?
- Were interviews scheduled in quickly or were there big gaps between 1st, 2nd, or final stage interviews? Did they get back to you in a timely manner and when they said they would?
- Were the skills tests applicable to the role and was the brief informative and clear?
Here at Pink Giraffe, we get to know and understand our candidates and only place them with agencies that are fully aligned to their experience, skillset, values and who will be the right cultural fit. If you are looking for the right agency for your next career step why not give us a call 01285 420 007 or drop us an email [email protected] for a confidential chat.